allSTARS* were a UK pop group who were active between 2001 and 2002, enjoying a small amount of chart success in the UK. Consisting of Sandi Lee Hughes, Thaila Zucchi, Ashley Taylor Dawson, Rebecca Hunter and Sam Bloom , (the first letter of each band member's name making up the "stars" of their group name), they were probably best noted for having their own television show, STARStreet*, on CITV between 2001 and 2002.
The group managed to score four Top 20 singles in their two year career. The first was the theme tune to STARStreet*. "Best Friends", which peaked at Number 20 in June 2001, was a favourite on the pop video channels. The second was a double-a-side of their own track, "Things That Go Bump In The Night", and a cover of Duran Duran's "Is There Something I Should Know?", the former track later appearing on the soundtrack to the first Scooby Doo movie. It reached Number 12 in September 2001.
Their third single, released in January 2002, was another cover, this time of Bucks Fizz's "Land Of Make Believe", and it gave them their first and only top 10 hit, reaching Number 9. Their fourth single, released in late April 2002, was another double-a-side, but this time both were original tracks. "Back When" and "Going All The Way", the latter appearing on the soundtrack to the movie Thunderpants. However, this could only reach Number 19 in the end, and when their self titled debut only managed to reach Number 43 - spending only 2 weeks in the UK Top 75 - the band parted ways with their record company, Island, and split up soon after, in June 2002. The album was re-released with a bonus remix CD. The Deluxe Album Peaked at Number 84 - spending just one week on the charts.
allSTARS* May 2002, UK no.43
allSTARS* 2 Disk Deluxe Edition Jun 2002, UK no.84
- "Things That Go Bump In The Night"
- "Land Of Make Believe"
- "Back When"
- "Love Is"
- "Best Friends"
- "Happy Ever After Endings"
- "Going All The Way"
- "You Got It Bad"
- "Tearin' Up The World"
- "You're A Fool"
- "Once Upon A Lifetime"
- "Lost Without You"
- "Greatest Love Story"
- "Train Of Thought"
- "Is There Something I Should Know?"
- "That Crazy Thing We Call Love"- Things That Go Bump In The Night/Is There Something I Should Know?
- "Rock This House"- Land Of Make Believe
- "Funky"- Back When/Going All The Way
- "Best Friends" Jun 2001, UK no.20
- "Things That Go Bump In The Night"/"Is There Something I Should Know?" Sept 2001, UK no.12
- "The Land Of Make Believe" Jan 2002, UK no.9
- "Back When/Going All The Way" Apr 2002, UK no.19
After the bandEdit
- Thaila did some presenting work in the Meridian region of ITV, which included announcing the regional results for Record Of The Year in 2003. In 2005, Thaila played the Bunny Boiler character in Channel 4's Balls of Steel. In 2006, Thaila was one of the lead characters in Channel 4's Star Stories. She also appeared as "fake" housemate Pauline in Big Brother 8 but was evicted for being found out to be fake by the housemates. In Summer 2007, she appeared in an advert for Setanta Sports with Des Lynam.
- Rebecca appeared in Five soap Family Affairs.
- Ashley returned to playing the role of Darren Osborne in Channel 4's Hollyoaks.
- Sandi has kept a low profile since the band's demise and is married to children's TV presenter Dominic Wood. In January 2008, she gave birth to a baby boy called Tommy, and in May 2008 the couple appeared on ITV1's All Star Mr & Mrs.
- Sam auditioned unsuccessfully for C4/E4 show Boys will be Girls.