Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Born to a father who was a carpenter, Harrison grew up in rural Gloucestershire close to Cirencester, where the family grew their own fruit and vegetables and kept chickens. She was educated at Sir William Romney's School, Tetbury.
Whilst studying geography at King's College London, she was in a relationship with Nathan Hutchings, son of actor Geoffrey Hutchings. Through his father, Hutchings had contacts in Zimbabwe from the shooting of the Clint Eastwood film White hunter black heart, which allowed the couple to visit the country, where Harrison gained her interest in wildlife. She graduated with BA in Ecology and Geography from King's College, London in 2000.
Whilst exploring a career as a country singer, Harrison undertook a series of temporary jobs to support her life, ending up as a secretary at Channel 5. Picked from a line-up to host the children's show Milkshake!, she turned it down, but a year later was chosen to fill-in for Michaela Strachan's maternity leave, presenting Michaela's wild challenge for over a year, during which time the show won a children's BAFTA. After this, she became a freelance television presenter, presenting across the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and the Discovery Channel.
Harrison currently provides filmed reports or is a presenter on various TV shows, including: Countryfile, Country tracks, The great british winter and The One Show for the BBC; and Daily Planet for Discovery Channel.
Harrison has been married to physician Dr Matthew "Matt" Goodman since she was 27. The couple married in early 2005, have two daughters named Red (b. 2009) and Lux (b. 2011) and live on a smallholding in Gloucestershire. Although known as Ellie Harrison publicly, in her private life she prefers to be known by her married name of Ellie Goodman.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Template:Cite newspaper - published in Daily mail weekend magazine, 10 August 2013, p. 9.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "TV presenter helps her old school mark 400 years". Gloucestershire echo. 29 September 2010. http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/TV-presenter-helps-old-school-mark-400-years/story-11872511-detail/story.html.
- ↑ Ellie Harrison at the Internet Movie Database.
- ↑ "Presenters". Wild about your garden. BBC. http://www.bbc.co.uk/wildaboutyourgarden/presenters/.
- ↑ Countryfile presenter told she is TOO BLONDE to front BBC show, dailymail.co.uk, 8 December 2014.
- ↑ Countryfile's Ellie Harrison gives a talk on the wildside, Stroud News & Journal, 1 May 2013.