Since being scouted by Select Model Management in 2003 at the age of 16 while shopping in Camden, Donaldson has landed campaigns for fashion houses such as Dior, Jil Sander, and Dolce & Gabbana and is the face of British luxury goods house Burberry.
In the May 2007 issue of American Vogue, she was featured on the cover with fellow models Doutzen Kroes, Caroline Trentini, Raquel Zimmermann, Sasha Pivovarova, Agyness Deyn, Coco Rocha, Hilary Rhoda, Chanel Iman, and Jessica Stam as the “World’s Next Top Models.” Later, in the September 2007 issue of British Vogue, she was named a "Head Girl", a model to watch out for in the upcoming season. In 2008 casting agent James Scully, who is responsible to pick which model is to score a spot on top runways, says in regards to Donaldson:Template:Cquote Donaldson has appeared on the covers of Vogue for Britain, Italy, China, and Australia. In particular, she was on the March 2009 covers of Vogue simultaneously in the UK, Australia, and Italy. She also appeared in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 2010.
Lily is the face of the new Monsoon Accessorize campaign for Spring Summer 2011. In August 2011, she also appeared in a magic-themed promotional campaign for Aldo Shoes, which included her appearing in a promotional video being sawed in half by a magician.
Donaldson moved back to London in late 2010.
- ↑ Births England and Wales 1984-2006
- ↑ "Lily the Londoner takes her place among the world's top models". Mail Online. 4 May 2008. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-452646/Lily-Londoner-takes-place-worlds-models.html. Retrieved 22 June 2008.
- ↑ "Lily Donaldson". AskMen.com. http://www.askmen.com/women/celeb_profiles_model/51_lily_donaldson.html. Retrieved 3 December 2007.
- ↑ Lee, Helen (11 April 2007). "Vogue’s ‘World’s Next Top Models’ cover". SassyBella.com. http://www.sassybella.com/2007/04/vogues-worlds-next-top-models-cover/. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- ↑ Hit Girls - American Vogue, May 2007
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 "Lily Donaldson". nymag.com. http://nymag.com/fashion/models/ldonaldson/lilydonaldson/. Retrieved 11 April 2008.
- ↑ Les 30 Mannequins des Années 2000 Retrieved 20 January 2010
- ↑ "Lily Donaldson - Model Profile". nymag.com. http://nymag.com/fashion/models/ldonaldson/lilydonaldson/. Retrieved 3 December 2007.
- ↑ "Irina Lazareanu - Model Profile". nymag.com. http://nymag.com/fashion/models/ilazareanu/irinalazareanu/. Retrieved 3 December 2007.
- ↑ "Beauty on Avenue B! Vogue Cover Girl Drops $2.2 M. for Two-Bedroom Co-op". http://www.observer.com/2008/beauty-avenue-b-vogue-cover-girl-drops-2-2-m-two-bedroom-co-op. The New York Observer
- ↑ "How the world fell in love with Camden girl Lily Donaldson". http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/fashion/article-23924361-how-the-world-fell-in-love-with-camden-girl-lily-donaldson.do. Evening Standard
- ↑ "STEVIE NICKS is the consumate tease". http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2009/04/stevie-nicks-is-consumate-tease-ny.html. FLEETWOOD MAC News and Reviews
- Template:Style.com model
- Lily for Monsoon
- Gallery and bio for Lily Donaldson on harpersbazaar.com.au