Scott is a member of the Inner Magic Circle with Gold Star and was awarded the title of The Magic Circle Stage Magician of the Year in 2000.
He is in demand as a consultant and illusion designer. In 2005, he taught Woody Allen magic for his movie Scoop. In 2006 he advised on the Houdini movie Death Defying Acts (starring Catherine Zeta Jones and Guy Pearce), the critically acclaimed The Illusionist (2006) (starring Edward Norton, Paul Giamatti and Jessica Biel), and built illusions for and starred in the movie Magicians. He also tutored Sir Michael Caine for his movie "Is There Anybody There?". Other credits include designing, creating and building magic and illusions for UK TV shows such as Channel Four's Dirty Tricks, Channel Five's All Star Talent Show and The BBC's History of Magic. He also acted as a consultant and performer on the video for the allSTARS single The Land Of Make-Believe.
For live theatre he created special effects for the UK tour of Dracula (2005). This involved the appearances and disappearances of Dracula as well a beheading and a cremation illusion. Also in 2006, he built and designed illusions for the London West End production of Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens.
He has also been a regular performer on the BBC charity telethon, Children In Need, performing illusions with a number of celebrity assistants:
- In 2000, after donations hit a set target, he sawed host Gaby Roslin in half using a Thin Model sawing illusion.
- In 2002, after the pop group allSTARS had performed their version of The Land Of Make-Believe, he recreated the two illusions he performed in the video to the song, a Fan Levitation on band member Sandi Lee Hughes, and a Thin Model sawing in half on band member Thaila Zucchi.
- In 2004, he performed a number of illusions on celebrity assistants during a special "All-star magic show":
- In 2005, he performed the latest "Impossible Sawing" version of the sawing in half illusion on host Fearne Cotton.
- www.stagemagician.com - Scott Penrose's Official Website